Google

Saturday, April 29, 2006

NFL Draft

The NFL draft is about to start any second now and there is sure to be a lot of drama. The first pick has already been signed and announced by the Texans but I'll offer my predictions for the first 10 picks anyhow. Once the draft is over I'll post the real top 10 and my thoughts. The following top 10 are just my guesses.

1. Houston Texans: Mario Williams (confirmed)
2. New Orleans Saints: Reggie Bush
3. Tennessee Titans: Vince Young
4. New York Jets: Matt Leinart
5. Green Bay Packers: D'Brickshaw Ferugson
6. San Francisco 49ers: AJ Hawk
7. Oakland Raiders: Santonio Holmes
8. Buffalo Bills: Vernon Davis
9. Deroit Lions: Michael Huff
10. Arizona Cardinals: Jay Cutler

Here is how the actual top 10 turned out: Actually I added the 11th selection as well, you will see why in a second.

1. Houston Texans: Mario Williams
2. New Orleans Saints: Reggie Bush
3. Tennessee Titans: Vince Young
4. New York Jets: D'Brickshaw Ferguson
5. Green Bay Packers: AJ Hawk
6. San Francisco 49ers: Vernon Davis
7. Oakland Raiders: Michael Huff
8. Buffalo Bills: Donte Whitner
9. Detroit Lions: Ernie Sims
10: Arizona Cardinals: Matt Leinart
11. Denver Broncos: Jay Cutler

My take on the draft: For the most part I like all the picks and think that they will help their respective teams. It was a surprise that Bush did not go number one and if that fact hadn't leaked last night my top 10 would have looked a lot different and I most likely would not have guessed one selection correct. The only real surprise was how far Leinart fell, I was sure Oakland would take him if available. I had to add the pick my Broncos made at eleven. I like the pick a lot and will have Broncos fans excited for the future. Not only did the Broncos draft a future potential star QB but they also traded for WR Javon Walker. I'm glad the Broncos focused on offense in day 1 and I look for them to take a running back and someone for the defensive line on Sunday. I am also keeping my eye out for when and where some of my hometown favorites WR Jeremy Bloom and QB Justin Holland land. Bring on the 2006 season!