Google

Friday, March 31, 2006

NL World Series Odds

In honor of the baseball season beginning this Sunday, lets have a look at the World Series odds courtesy of fieldgoal.com. My comments are at the bottom and the AL odds will shortly follow.

5-1 New York Mets
7-1 St. Louis Cardinals
12-1 Chicago Cubs
20-1 Los Angeles Dodgers
23-1 San Francisco Giants
25-1 Atlanta Braves
30-1 Houston Astros
30-1 Philadelphia Phillies
40-1 San Diego Padres
40-1 Milwaukee Brewers
100-1 Arizona Dimondbacks
100-1 Pittsburgh Pirates
100-1 Washington Nationals
175-1 Cincinnati Reds
250-1 Florida Marlins
300-1 Colorado Rockies

My take on these odds: First of all I have to say that I'm sad that the Colorado Rockies are picked to finish last in the NL. I know they have a tough road to climb out of the cellar but I promise they will make it out of last place. I'm not advising anyone to bet on them but instead I'm just asking for a little love for my Rockies. The St. Louis Carnials are expected to have a good year but are too high at 7-1. The Philadelphia Phillies are a good bet at 30-1 and could have a chance to make a run for it.