Google

Monday, June 05, 2006

Stanley Cup Finals

With the television season and its spoilers being on hiatus for the time being, it is time to look at one of the more exciting final match ups in the world of sports and make some predictions. The NHL finally has their Stanley Cup finals schedule and teams set. In keeping with my tradition of looking at the odds, here are the current series odds courtesy of bodog.com:

Edmonton to win in 4 games: +1500
Edmonton to win in 5 games: +700
Edmonton to win in 6 games: +400
Edmonton to win in 7 games: +500
Carolina to win in 4 games: +1200
Carolina to win in 5 games: +450
Carolina to win in 6 games: +425
Carolina to win in 7 games: +350

My take on these odds: The best odds to make a bet would be Edmonton in 7 for sure. I think either team has a shot to win the Cup and a 7 game series is very possible. I'm worried about the rust factor that has plagued each team in the Western Conference coming off of convincingly winning the previous series. That is why I look for Carolina to have the edge coming out of the gates at home. I'll guess Carolina in 5 because I think Edmonton may have to much rust and pressure on them. Either way, I'm looking forward to the first game tonight and a very good match up for the finals.